Thursday 4 November 2010

R.I.P. AI :0(

Its rocked the surfing world and has come as a huge shock to everyone who closely follow professional surfing and the A.S.P. world tour. Andy Irons passed away 2 days ago suspected to be under the influence of Dengue fever which is caused by bite from an Aides mosquito (a mosquito that bites during daylight hours).

Andy Irons was my surfing idol when I was learning as a grom.
Hands down he was one of my favourite surfers, not just to watch in the water but when he spoke or had interviews he was either hilariously funny or just really blunt when he was pissed off about losing! That's what made Andy so exciting, he was one of the best competitors ever!

I was lucky enough to surf with him at Lakey peak in indo and share some waves with him. I will never forget those awesome memories.

The surfing world wont be the same without Andy and personally I think they should cancel the Rip Curl Pro in Puerto Rico to pay respects to A.I. and his family and friends.

It sucks that it has all ended at the age of 32.

R.I.P. Andy a surfing legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment