Thursday 11 November 2010

Boards part 2.


Thought whilst I'm on the same subject of taking gay photos of me standing next to my boards for promotion, I thought I may as well tell you what the boards are and what size waves they are for.

From left to right:
Dave Brown 6,3. 18 3/4. 2 3/16. Round Tail.
Haven't really used this board in the UK much, only when the waves have been 4ft+ and barrelling. I took this board to Indonesia last year and it went amazing at G-Land and Uluwatu etc.

Dave Brown 6,4. 18 3/4. 2 3/16. Round Tail.
Used this in Indonesia last year too and for some reason is more forgiving than the board to the left! I prefer the concave that Dave has put into this board. Again I don't really use this board in the UK as the waves are generally fat (Especially in Devon). However I am taking it to Costa Rica next week, where hopefully I will get to use it more regularly. Its such a nice shape for perfect barrelling waves.

Jason Stevenson 6,1. 19 1/4. 2 1/2 Squash tail, Luke Egan Model.
I was persuaded to buy this board in Bali by my friend Jake who at the time said "that board is perfect for you". At the time I was hesitant, as it was near the end of the trip and I was almost broke!
Then I thought fuck it! It looks like a perfect board for small conditions back home.
I was glad to buy it. It only cost me just over £200 and it had only been ridden once by Luke Egan (retired asp surfer). Its a bit battered now but it has been the best grovel board I have ever had. Great for shitty slop in contests!

Mark Webber 6,3. 18 1/2. 2 1/4. S-Core.
I have only ridden this once and didn't really get on with it. It's been sat at home since last year. I should really surf it more, as I feel it could go really well in the right conditions (sucky medium sized waves). Maybe soon I will try it in descent waves, as I have only ridden it in crap waves, which wasn't helping the matter!

Dave Brown 6,2. 19. 2 1/4. Squash Tail.
Out of all my board I ride this one the most. Its my good all round board for the UK. It's really responsive through turns and allows me to surf really loose when its junky! Other than the JS, I get the most speed on this board when the surf isn't great.
It goes well when the waves are onshore as well as when its perfecly offshore and barrelling. I won't ride this board much over 5 ft though as the rocker is real flat and the fins are small, which is good for English waves in the summer.


Dave Brown 6,4. 18 3/4. 2 3/16 Round tail.
This board goes sick when its that little bit bigger. I have used this board when the reefs have been pumping at home. The rails are rounded and thicker which helps when the waves are a little harder to paddle into.


Nick Blair 6,2 1/2. 18 3/4. 2 3/16 Round tail.
I bought this board on the Gold Coast (Australia in) 2008 and it's been ridden in all diffent types of waves. The glassing is a little bit thicker than the usual, therefore is a little heavier, which helps when the waves are more solid. It doesn't really go great in the average slower waves we get here in the UK. But when its hollow and bigger it holds really well off the bottom and in the barrel. Good Indo board!


Quiver 6,2. 19. 2 5/16 Luke Hart (lying horizontal) Squash tail.
Great board for my all round surfing. I havent ridden this board much either. I'm trying to save it for Central America next week. Im a little afraid of snapping it! I have found thats always the case when you find a dream board you end up breaking it at somepoint and it breaks your heart!
Im hoping to get a few more Luke Hart shapes when I get home in April. they are sick boards!

No comments:

Post a Comment