Friday 25 March 2011

LARGE

The swell has been pretty large over the last couple of days here in Puerto Escondido. Wednesday there were some 10ft waves coming through on the beach and yesterday the swell had dropped a little and it was more like 6-8ft. I have only got a 6,4 with me. I needed something in the 7ft range to get me into some of those waves. Or even better getting towed into them would have been the go as you wouldnt need to worry about paddling through the most hideous impact zone!

I have been getting in at La Punta which is right down the southern end of Zicatela beach. Its a fun lefthand pointbreak that breaks over sand, real close to the rocks.
Been getting some 200-300meter waves down there with the odd barrel section. Cant complain! I didnt capture any photos of the wave at La Punta or me surfing it as I have been going down there by myself whilst Janine catches some rays in the hotel pool!

However I didnt want to disappoint you so, I took some shots the other day when it was large.....Enjoy!
Wednesday afternoon.

Wednesday afternoon

Wednesday afternoon

Thursday evening Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment