Tuesday 8 February 2011

El Salvador

Been in El Salvador for over a week now, its a beautiful place with lots of righthand pointbreaks which is what the country is famous for in the surfing world. Its kinda funny really, as people who know me realise that im not a huge fan of surfing on my backhand which is mostly correct! I've had so much fun however as the points are near perfect on a daily basis!

El Sunzal point
Also we are staying right in front of a lefthander which is apparently one of the only lefts in the country......of course, I couldnt resist!
The left out the front is known for its localism  and at the weekends friendly folk advise you to wait until all the local guys get out. This is where I went wrong, during the early hours of the previous saturday gone by (5th feb). I paddled out and..... well you can probably guess what happened. I got told to paddle in not in a pleasant way, but in a way which consisted in these words "fuck off gringo"! So there you have it. When and if you come to El Salvador always check if the spot your about to surf is free of angry locals. When they paddle in its usually empty so on my behalf there is no need to fret!
The locals are full on but can be easily avoided!

La Bocana my favourite wave in El Salvador (so far)!

No comments:

Post a Comment