Wednesday 5 October 2011

Indian Summer




Croyde on Saturday 1st October

Thrsday Sandbar By Janine Horn


From the 29th of September until 2nd of October we had what I personally thought, the very last glimpse of summer. Throughout those days the swell all over our coastline was pumping. Waking up everyday felt like rolling out of bed on "proper" holiday and when I say proper I mean warm weather and fun waves!

Thursday was sick. Janine and I had a few hours to ourselves which was about 4hours before other commitments came into play.
We decided to go south instead of north because

A) South is generally a lot less crowded.
B) More options to choose from.

I scored a super fun bank with waves in the 4-5ft range by myself for 3 hours. Like I said before it felt like I was abroad. Perfectly groomed offshore waves with the odd barrel here and there.

For friday saturday and sunday the swell dropped a little but always pumped. I was working on the beach experiencing some of the best waves we've had in months with some of the best sandbars the south west had to offer for us lucky North Devonians.

It felt like an August bank holiday with all the people about enjoying the weather and swell.

Overall it made me realise that I have to pinch myself from time to time as to what a beautiful place I live in. It's weird how I do take it all for granted sometimes, which is nuts. You only need to look around you and realise North Devon is a cool place. (Especially when the sun and surf stays put for a while in October!)

Eyballhq.tv have introduced The Local Lowdown. Which is a monthly news blog from the Five main beaches in North Devon. The whole idea around the Local Lowdown is to provide goss and all the news, Contest Reports, Big Wave Events, Airshows, Image Galleries, Shapers, Surf Schools, Videos, Forecasts and much, much more – of course including the naming and shaming of individuals, who did what, who did nothing, who did who. Anything goes. each month from all of the beaches in the area.

Stay tuned by going to Eyeball and following my monthly reports from the HO!

No comments:

Post a Comment